Courtesy West Fries Museum-HOORN

Courtesy West Fries Museum-HOORN
Visit wfm. Museum closed until Sept 9th Reopening with 3D Dutch Scenes

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wine, Sailors & Song

I'm in heaven. Met the only wine cellar master Saurabh in the fleet who specializes in pairing wine with chocolate. Hard to believe that it is just the first day and I've already met the captain and presented the map from West Fries Museum in Hoorn of ancient Dutch trading routes, attended a wine tasting & taken a tour of the vessel below the water line with ship's engineer Bart.
   Photos of all the above will be posted ONLY at the Dutch TV website www.manbijthond.nl/charlotte.
Not able to upload my photos directly into the public computer. Everything you will see now I had preloaded so that I had some time aboard to enjoy myself!
   More tomorrow about the Engine room tour. Send questions and comments to www.manbijthond.nl/user/charlotte and I will reply